Getting creative with nail art has become a hobby among most, but for students buying nail pens can be expensive, and some of us just don’t have the patience or skill to be able to pull off a flawless finish by using the teeny weeny nail art pen. I’ve discovered a look which can be a cheap and creative alternative to using nail art pens and can be done by just using news paper.
Taking inspiration straight from the catwalk I’ve decided to inform you of how to achieve this look by making this very simple and quick photo tutorial:
1. Paint your nails with an opaque white (wait for nails to be almost completely dry)
2. Cut out small strips of newspaper
3. Dip your finger in vodka, or some other form of spirit alcohol
4. Dip the strip of newspaper into the cup of vodka and shake it off the gently press it to your nail
5. Hold cotton pad over nail and apply light pressure (hold for about 10 seconds)
6. Gently remove the newspaper strip to reveal the nail
If you find that this process is a little tedious then nail wraps are a great alternative and have featured as a key trend for autumn/winter 2012. On the high street you can find a great variety that range from leopard print to pretty floral patterns. My favourite are the Meadham Kirschhof which you can purchase from ASOS for £8.
Also hot this autumn is beige nails with burgundy tips as created by Deborah Lippmann at Donna Karan. I tried to recreate this look…what do you think?